OTA (an open-source Distributed Ledger Technology designed for the Internet of Things) was one of the hot projects during the crypto boom of 2017. What happened to it since then? Are there new business models around DLT/ blockchain tech now?
This INTHECASE webinar will introduce Wilfried Pimenta de Miranda who worked for IOTA as Director for Business Development in early 2017. We will also discuss the current challenges to startup and scale up distributed ledger enabled businesses and ecosystems together with Sean Kiernan, Chief Executive Officer at DAG Global Holding Ltd and Daniel Cotti, Managing Director at Center of Excellence, Banking & Trade, Marco Polo Network.
This webinar is hosted by INSEAD strategy Professor Andrew Shipilov.
Why attend? What can you learn?
• How did the technological landscape of DLT/blockchain evolve since 2017?
• Has anyone figured out a business model to make money using DLT now?
• Did DLTs live up to their promise now?
• What are the current challenges faced by entrepreneurs when launching DLTs?
• What steps are needed to scale up – beyond showcasing an initial set of use cases?
• How to build digital ecosystems around DLT solutions?
• Whom to collaborate and partner with to explore new data-driven business models, to ensure market pull and sustainability?
• How to work with regulators?
What to prepare?
To ensure the delivery of an interactive and engaging session, we encourage you to read:
• IOTA Foundation: Building a Minimal Viable Ecosystem for Smart Cities accessible on the INSEAD publishing platform.
• Data Security for the Internet of Things by Andrew Shipilov, INSEAD Knowledge, April 19, 2018.
Dani Cotti from Marco Polo Network (formerly known as TradeIX) will be present on a panel discussion with other industry experts from 1.40 to 2.00 PM
If you would like to register to attend this event, you can do so on the Insead website here